The North West Paediatric Neurosciences ODN (Operational Delivery Network) has established speciality sub group leads to take forward and develop the areas in which they specialise.
Each sub group lead will report annually to the Paediatric Neurosciences Network Board.
Dr Grace Vassallo, Consultant Paediatric Neurologist RMCH
Dr Ram Kumar, Consultant Paediatric Neurologist AHCH
Dr Gary McCullagh – Consultant Paediatric Neurologist RMCH
Rebecca Howarth – Clinical Lead Speech/Language Therapist RMCH
Helen Hartley – Senior Physiotherapist AHCH
Karl Emmerson – Nurse Specialist AHCH
Sarah Kisseh – Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist RMCH
Dr Vicky Gray – Clinical Psychologist AHCH
Dr Stewart Rust – Clinical Psychologist RMCH
Clare Convery – Highly Specialist Therapist RMCH
Lindsay Simpson – Paediatric Dietician RMCH
Sister Leanne Davies – Specialist Practitioner RMCH
Dr Sian Trenchard – Clinical Psychologist RMCH
Specialists are located at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital (RMCH) or Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool (AHCH).
Membership is also encouraged from individuals with a particular clinical or research interest in the specialty where their input is felt to enhance the groups development.
The group shall provide a forum for discussion on all aspects of patients with Neurorehabilitation, and shall promote the following objectives:
- To enable an effective working network, utilising the combined experiences and advantages of the individual sites
- To allow clinical decision making to be performed across a wider network of experts, achieving greater consensus for difficult/complex cases
- To provide an opportunity for data sharing across the network this, in turn, supports governance and improvement in outcomes for patients
- To potentially brand the network as a second opinion centre for external regions, with experts using state of the art technology etc
- To review and discuss clinical variation
- To improve and promote efficient practice across the network
- To free up resources, using combined clinical excellence
- To promote research, audit and potentially therapeutic pathway/clinical trial development across the North West of England.
- To review and implement national standards and regional guidelines.
- To provide and expert group which can provide recommendations for the delivery of care to patients
- To provide an expert voice on the quality of services for children and young adults with Neuro Rehabilitation
- To support primary treatment centres and shared care units in the development of paediatric
- Neuro Rehabilitation services across the Network.
- In time, to provide a national/international second opinion committee.