(Chair) Ian Kamaly – Asl, Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon RMCH
Conor Mallucci, Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon AHCH
Ian Kamaly – Asl, Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon RMCH
A J Sinha
The NW Paediatric neuro-vascular Network is comprised of a core group with a Chair, vice-Chair and core members who are specialists from a wide range of neuro-vascular associated disciplines. Specialists are from Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital (RMCH) or Alder Hey Hospital, Liverpool (AH), Salford Royal and Walton Centre (adults) such that each specialist has a corresponding colleague at the partner institution.
Chair (elected from members, term of office 2 years, renewable)
Vice Chair (elected from members, term of office 2 years, renewable)
Neuro-vascular nursing lead (elected from members, term of office 2 years, renewable)
Current Membership (as of January 2016):
Chair = Mr Ian Kamaly (Paediatric Neurosurgeon, RMCH)
Vice-Chair = Dr Hans Nahser (Interventional Neuro-radiologist WC)
Nursing lead = Dawn Hennigan, AH CH
Neurosurgeons: Conor Mallucci, Ian Kamaly – Asl, AJ Sinha, Anna Visca, Dan Holsgrove
Neuro-radiologists: Hans Naher, Andrew Healey, Arun Chandran, Mani Puthuran, Amit Herwwadkar
Neurologists: Grace Vassallo, Rachel Kneen, Mike Griffiths, Ranjith Menon
Nurse specialists: Dawn Hennigan, Leanne Davies
The group shall provide a forum for discussion of all aspects of paediatric neuro-vasclar disease, and shall promote collaboration to reach the following objectives:
- To enable an effective working network, utilizing the combined expertise and advantages of the individual sites.
- To allow clinical decision making in paediatric neuro-vascular to be performed across a wider network of experts, achieving greater consensus for difficult/complex cases.
- To establish experience on a database of patients that would be unparalleled in size elsewhere in the UK.
- To provide an opportunity for data sharing across the network which in turn supports governance and improvement in outcomes for patients.
- To potentially brand the network as a second opinion centre for external regions, with experts using state-of the-art technology etc.
- To develop a joint long term plan/opportunity for national commissioning e.g. Vein of Galen.
- To create a seamless co-operative group of clinicians across the paediatric and adult neuro-vascular sites.
ACTIVITIES OF THE GROUP:
The North West Paediatric neuro-vascular network will:
- Initially meet in person quarterly at alternating partner sites (AH, RMCH) for business discussion, joint audit and activity figures, academic presentations and case based debates with a view to incorporating meetings by videoconferencing over time.
- Encourage the use of partner sites to be paediatric neuro-vascular second opinion institutions for the corresponding site for cases requiring immediate attention.
- Report annually to the Regional Neurosciences Network.