The Network is led by Mr Conor Mallucci, Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon and Yvette Edwards Network Manager, together with sub-speciality leads for each of the speciality areas. The aim of the network is to:
- Improve communication, collaboration and standards of care across the North West. The network will implement and review services as detailed within the service specifications.
- Provide a sustained and integrated network of care involving a variety of organisations and professionals
- Provide a comprehensive service focussed on outcomes and the quality standards outlined in The Safe and Sustainable Paediatric Neurosurgery report (2012)
- Through the managed clinical network, to provide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week care that revolves around the individual child’s needs
- Ensure that children should receive a package of care that covers if necessary the entire pathway of care up to the end of their 18th year and leads to a smooth transition into adult neuroscience services